Sunday, October 16, 2011

Rescue Tape !!

Rescue Tape came to the rescue for us, about one week ago as we were traveling down the ICW, Chris said that she smelled diesel fuel. When she opened the engine compartment she saw diesel fuel spraying out if one of our fuel lines. When I went below I saw that it was a special braided hose assembly and could not be just replaced with some spare fuel line. So what to do? Then I remembered the "Rescue Tape" silicone self fusing tape I bought at last years boat show. After a few layers were streched over the line all was well and the repair has lasted leak free for the week and over 300 miles of motoring.

2 comments:

John said...

That is a great product! It should be in everyone's tool box. It saved the day for me with a cracked through hull ball valve for my air conditioner. It held until I hauled out that fall.

John

John said...

Congratulation to your daughter on her wedding in Seattle Saturday.

Have a safe trip home.

John